When battling any autoimmune issue you are looking for directions or answers. Taking the Lyme Wellness DIY Assessment can help you achieve that goal. For the next few weeks it is completely free. Here is a sample assessment. Once your assessment is complete I will talk with you and give you a little homework then if you wish we can schedule an appointment and start working on an individual plan. By this time you will understand how working with Lyme Wellness DIY is a great tool to helping you achieve wellness.
Sample Assessment Review
If you would like to get your own personal assessment go to LymeWellnessDIY.com and take your own assessment
Thanks for reaching out to Lyme Wellness DIY. Just the fact that you are searching for answers is a great positive step. I believe when you take wellness into your own hands is when you see the biggest results. So lets get started with what we learned from your assessment.
The following is an example of what your personal assessment might look like. The following are pieces of several actual assessments. This is so you might have an idea of what your assessment might look like. Your personal assessment will be unique for your own personal issues. When reading the review it will be up to you to decide what issues you wish to look into or address. It is very important we go over this information together so I can answer any questions you may have and you can follow up with a doctor for further testing. If you need a doctor recommendation I work with a great doctor who can meet with you by phone and I have lists of Lyme literate Doctors.
You answered yes to the following questions:
Numbness-- You stated you have numbness in in your feet and hands. If you cannot feel your feet or if they feel numb or it feels like you are walking on sand that is a sign of arsenic poisoning. Numbness can also a sign of toxic overload and could be a sign that you should consider the use of binders to help rid the body of these toxins. I will discuss forms of binders further later.
Root canal 2 or 3----dry sockets. Dry sockets are easy to correct so I would start here. I would put finding a biological dentist at the top of my to do list. This way you can find out if they are really good or not. Fixing dry sockets or cavitations is very easy. It is generally a shot of ozone in the effected area. I can help you find a doctor in your area if you need it. Removing infections is a big issue. When you lower your toxic load you will begin to feel better as your body can begin to concentrate on other issues.
Root canals are BIG and according to many is an issue that is directly related to autoimmune disease. You need to ask yourself if this is something you can or should fix. The body definitely needs to be in good shape prior to this. ART trained doctors can help you step through this. Finding the right dentist is also extremely important. Personally, I thought I had the right dentist and had to have my dental work all redone. Start researching so when you are ready you can go to a great dentist. I can help you find one and help you know what questions to ask when looking for a biological dentist. Please take time to let this piece of the puzzle sink in. There are so many issues that start with the mouth. Oil pulling is suggested once or twice a day to keep the mouth bacteria free. Oil pulling can be done with olive, coconut and sesame oil. At my last training it was suggested to rotate all three. Also look in the mirror and see if your eyes are even and your cheekbones are even and your smile is even. Look to see if your bite is even or does your bottom shift to the right or left? Hold your mouth joints and see if you have a clicking or popping as you open and close your jaw. Tip your head back and see if your nostrils are even. Look in a full-length mirror and see how your posture is. When you correct your bite you can actually grow a small amount. See if your shoulders are rounded forward or if your head is pivoted forward. If you think this is a concern send me pictures of yourself. The thing we are looking for is if you have a good airway alignment of the vertebrae. (C-1 and C-2) You also need to look at your gums and their condition and your tonsils. I am not sure if you have sinus issues. All of the above issues affect how your body drains and detoxes. Draining toxins is extremely important. We are looking for pieces of your health puzzle. This could be one issue you should address for complete wellness.
Migrating joint pain—This as you know is inflammation. I feel diet and using extra binders can help with this. Epsom salt baths and footbaths can also help. Basically any form of detoxing is going to be important. I am going to forward you my detox chapter. Most of this you probably already know but there are many things you can add to your daily routine that can become habit. I suggest you making a list of all detoxing you could add. Then slowly add them to your routine. The more you detox the better. Our environment is so toxic I think we could detox 24 hours a day and it still not be enough. The trick is to add the stuff slowly so it does not become overwhelming. The more you detox the better you will be no matter what the ultimate issue is. Ask me for my chapter on detoxing ideas and easy inexpensive ways to detox. You must also be careful when detoxing. It is important to make sure your body can detox through all of the main channels.
What we know or suspect from the questionnaire.
· Inflammation, joint pain, muscle pain, pre diabetic, weight, Weight accentuated in the middle.
· MTHFR is a genetic condition. If you have this genetic mutation you are unable to detox as well as others. There are other issues that are involved with this genetic mutation but detoxing is the one that often affects autoimmune disorders. I have 2 articles I have written that goes into this complex issue even further. I will share them with you and explain this further if requested. I believe this is an important issue to address for complete wellness however there is new information involving epigenetics, which tells us we can positively turn on and off how genes express through diet. If you want to pursue this further there is a test you can have done from 23 and me for about 99 dollars. The 23 and me test shows many different SNPS and genetic mutations including MTHFR and Sulfur mutations. It is a spit test and very easy to do. Your doctor can also run a blood test that checks for two of the major gene mutations which is covered by insurance but is not a complete picture. Making sure your body is functioning in balance is important to achieve and this can help in determining how to find the balance.
· You mentioned you are taking B12. Sorry if this is a repeat but if you do have methylation (or round up toxic issues) issues taking the right form of B-12 is important. It is important to be taking the right form of B-12. I know you know as much as I do but I want to give you a form like I would give anyone to see your thoughts. So please read on and if you know all of this skip it. J Here is a little bit of info. Remember I strongly feel that with each item we take you could off balance the body. So if you are trying to save money make sure you are taking the right form of B-12. I personally found my energy levels to go up on the right form. I also listen to my body. I found that my scalp eczema would become worse if my B levels were low. I used trial and elimination to figure out the right dosages. I also found a product from Thorn that had a combo of all of the B’s with the correct forms for those with methylation issues. That seems to be my quick go to. I only use this product as needed. If I keep my diet clean I do not need to supplement with B’s. The following is information from my supplement chapter. I am happy to share this chapter with you. It is about 30 pages and many supplements are listed for a quick reference. I find this works great as a quick go to especially if you are suffering from brain fog. B 12 is taken in (possible high) doses for late stage Lyme and with those who have the MTHFR mutation. It's supports energy production, DNA synthesis and blood formation. B12 helps nerves talk to each other. B12 deviancies include depression, dementia, poor memory, mental fogginess, apathy, mood swings, fatigue, muscle weakness, tingling, numbness in the arms, legs and feet, lack of coordination and hair loss. The pill form might not be as well absorbed in the body, because it isn’t absorbed well in the gut. Injections are the best way to introduce B-12 into the body. Subliminal is a good second choice. (Some feel sublingual could actually be the best way to introduce it into the body) Make sure if you have MTHFR that you are getting the right form of B-12. Nasal uptake of the vitamin can be as good as injection. Sublingual dosing is an Over the Counter (OTC) option. The best way to get absorption from this is to place it under the upper lip and let it slowly dissolve, the longer the better. Ask your doctor what is right for you. To make B12 even more confusing there are several forms of B12. I also am thinking that each one of us needs a specific form of B12. And the form may change depending on your body condition. You will have to experiment to see which one is right for you. Here are the three forms. Cyanocobalamin (often is a synthetic form) can be given as an IM injection, pills and liquid and lozenges. Cyancobalamin (synthetic form) is the cheapest from and not well tolerated or broken down by some. This form needs to convert into methylcobalamin, and then to hydroxocobalamin to be used by the body. For individuals who are overall very healthy this is a good choice. It is known that some people are less able to transform cyanocobalamin into methylcobalamin due to toxins, genetics and heavy metals in the liver. These individuals need to use other forms of Vitamin B12. Double-check what your doctor prescribes it could be a form you cannot break down. Methylcobalamin is more bioactive and can be given in all the above-mentioned formulas. Methylcobalamin is important because it is delivered more efficiently to nerve tissues than regular B-12. Because of this, Methylcobalamin should be considered in the treatment of all neurological diseases. Therapeutic doses of Methylcobalamin have also been known to prevent and reverse numbness from nerve damage. Among the conditions which have responded favorably to Methylcobalamin are, ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease,) Alzheimer's disease, Bell's Palsy, Parkinson's disease, Multiple Sclerosis, Brain Aging, Insomnia, Immune dysfunction, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia, Schizophrenia, Diabetes, Impotence and Herpes Zoster. Hydroxocobalamin is the most bioactive form (meaning it is the most easily converted. The body needs to do fewer steps to have the benefit of this form of B-12. It is retained longer in the body and can be dosed less frequently. An additional use of hydroxocobalamin is that it can be used for patients with cyanide poisoning as it binds cyanide and allows for elimination through the kidneys. Definitely take the time to research the B vitamin and take time to find not only the right form but also the right dose for your body. (Think ART testing) There is more information on this supplement in the MTHFR article. (Ask me if you would like this very very long complicated chapter) Knowing how to take this supplement is as important as taking it. Take your folate away from food or with food but away form pancreatic enzymes, which could prohibit its absorption. B12 is hard to absorb. One more thought on B-12. Your B vitamins are influenced and made in the gut. If your gut is running smooth you can make B’s on your own.
· Thyroid issues….on Synthroid 75 mg. Hypo thyroid, Loss of voice Coarse hair, loss of eyebrow hair, puffy face, enlarged thyroid, slow heartbeat, weight gain, constipation, muscle aches, dry skin, cold intolerance. Fixing Gut issues can often times self correct thyroid issues.
· Yeast…, crave foods at night. Try this simple very inexpensive on line test. This will check for yeast and mold and possibly Lyme. It is a test that checks for any biotoxin illness. VCStest.com you can go to this site and for a small fee take a vision test that will tell you if you have neurotoxins and biotoxins. There is also a yeast self test that is fairly accurate. First thing in the am spit into a glass of water. If the spit floats after 30 minutes you do not have any yeast issues. If the spit grows legs that start to go toward the bottom of the glass you have some yeast and it it sinks entirely you definitely have yeast issues according to this test.
What we need to find out or do further testing.
· HPU or pyloria is a mineral deficiency. Almost everyone with auto immunity has a mineral deficiency. It is also important to understand that every person is extremely limited by the amount of minerals that can be obtained from food sources. Here is a very complete online test you can take to determine if you have HPU. HPU/KPU
Go to the following website to take a very detailed questionnaire that will help you to determine if you have HPU. http://www.hputest.nl/evraag.htm http://lymediseaseguide.org/lyme-disease-zinc-and-pyroluri
As Pyloria also effects mood here is an test you can take to see if you possibly need to supplement with certain amino acids in addition to minerals. http://www.everywomanover29.com/blog/amino-acids-mood-questionnaire-from-the-antianxiety-food-solution/
· Not tested for Mold gene HLA-DRBQ consider testing for the to determine if you are more likely to have health issues do to mold. This test can be done through regular blood work and is normally covered under insurance.
· Check Vit D levels. Chances are you have been tested. Chances are you are low. Most Americans have low Vitamin D levels.
· Check water ph and urine ph and saliva ph. I will give you ph test strips so you can test.
· Test for h pyloria and SIBO. I recommend you seeing a specialist in this field. Even if it is a long distance apt. (Over the phone) Because of your missing gallbladder this is not an area that needs to be addressed with a professional. I have notes from the digestion session that I can share with you. Let me know if you need tests for this listed in detail.
· Self test for stomach acid*. You do this by drinking a ¼ tsp. of baking soda in 8 oz. of water first thing in the am. Set timer for 5 minutes. The longer it takes for you to burb the less HCL or stomach acid you are making
Several additional self-tests you might consider
Vitamin B12, A, B6, & D DIY self test
Take your thumb and press it on your breastbone. If you feel any kind of pain that is a sign of Vitamin D deficiency. Bone pain.
Put feet together close your eyes and stick out your right foot. If you cannot do for 3 seconds you could have a B12 deficiency. Look at your lower eyelid in the mirror if they are nice and red/pink you are ok. If they are pale/whitish in color that is a sign of B12 deficiency
Look in the mirror in your mouth look for cracks in the corners and look for soars. Vitamin B 6 deficiency
Look for dryness in your body. Brittle hair, dry cracky skin splitting of the nails. Vitamin A?
Heavy Metals self test
Heavy Metal Toxicity Screening Questionnaire
Please put an X by all the following symptoms that apply to you. When you’re finished, add the scores next to those you have marked.
1. Numbness and tingling in extremities _____6
2. Twitching of face and other muscles _____5
3. Tremors or shakes of hands, feet, head, etc. _____5
4. Jumpy, jittery, nervous _____3
5. Unexplained chest pains _____3
6. Tachycardia _____3
7. Unexplained rashes or skin irritations _____4
8. Excessive itching _____4
9. Bloated feeling most of the time _____6
10. Frequent or recurring heartburn _____4
11. Constipation on a regular basis _____5
12. Frequent diarrhea _____1
13. Constant or very frequent periods of depression _____7
14. Unexplained irritability _____7
15. Sudden, unexplained or unsolicited anger _____5
16. Constant death wish or suicidal intent _____3
17. Difficulty in making even simple decisions _____5
18. Cold hands and feet, even in moderate/warm weather _____6
19. Get out of breath easily _____4
20. Get headaches just after eating _____2
21. Experience frequent leg cramps _____4
22. Constant or frequent metallic taste in mouth _____3
23. Burning sensation on the tongue _____2
24. Constant or frequent ringing or noise in ears _____4
25. Frequent urination during the night _____6
26. Unexplained chronic fatigue _____6
27. Difficulty remembering or use of memory _____5 28. Constant or frequent pain in joints _____3
29. Frequent insomnia _____3
30. Unexplained fluid retention _____2
Score of 86-126: Strong likelihood of heavy metal toxicity.
Score of 40-85: Moderate likelihood of heavy metal toxicity.
Score or 0-39: Low likelihood of heavy metal toxicity.
Parasite Self Test
90 to 95% if world population has a parasitic infection. Symptoms include; Sores on skin, constant runny nose, constant cough, itchy bottom, being overheated, Gas, reflux.
3. Chronic constipation
4. Chronic diarrhea
5. Muscle or joint pain
6. Difficult sleeping or insomnia
7. Grinding teeth
8. Frequent, colds or yeast infections
9. Anxiety or depression
10. Dark circles under eyes
13. Weight loss
17. Brain fog
18. Lack of coordination
Results for Parasite self test. If you answered yes to one of the first three and one to the second group you should consider treating for parasites. If you have two or more symptoms from the second group you should consider treating.
Self test found at this website http://www.naturalsupplementwarehouse.com/parasite-infection-self-test-a-67.html
Remember Lyme Wellness DIY does not replace a doctor. We help provide you direction and encouragement so you can follow your own path to wellness.