1. Understand the enemy
· Ticks are more active in the rain. They love damp ground.
· Young children have a higher incidence of Lyme disease than adults due to more outdoor activities.
· Even if you have had Lyme in the past you can get it again if exposed again.
· Ticks can spread more than 14 diseases.
· According to a recent study Ticks are the most significant vectors of infectious diseases in the United States.
2. Destroy tick habitats
· Ticks like to live in tall grasses, brush, and other overgrown areas where they are protected from temperature extremes.
· Keep the lawn around your home cut to 2-4 inches high.
· Ticks do not like to cross mulch. If you border woodlands keep a border 4-6 feet wide of mulch to help keep the tick population down.
· Be aware that animals including pets and people can carry ticks over mulch and into your yard. Think birds, squirrels and cats. Keep bird feeders away from your tick free zone.
· Plant tick repellent plants, which include lavender, garlic, pennyroyal, pyrethrum (type of chrysanthemum), sage, American beautyberry and Eucalyptus.
· Chickens, ducks or gunnies hens will eat ticks and keep the tick population down.
· Non-Toxic produce Diatomaceous Earth (food grade only) can be used on your yard as a dry powder bath for pets before and after entering tick area. Will need to reapply after a rain. Research DE as it has so many health benefits.
3. Protective clothing and Permethrin Spray
· Use pretreating clothing (good for up to 70 washings) or treat your own clothing with Permethrin. (Good for 6 washings.) Remember that underwear and socks should be treated.
· Treat your shoes.
· Wear a hat and tie back long hair to make it harder for ticks to attach to your scalp.
· Wear light colored clothing. Ticks are easier to see and they don’t like to be noticed.
· Wear EPA-approved repellants appropriate for adult skin or children. Be careful some of the sprays do little to deter ticks. Deet is the only product that the CDC recommends to deter ticks. Use caution with Deet and children. Read labels for the amount of Deet and when you will need to reapply.
· Avon Skin So Soft Bug Guard Plus IR3535® Expedition SPF is recommended on the Lyme pa.org website.
· Put clothes in the dryer set on high heat for at least an hour. Ticks cannot survive the dry heat. They can survive exposure to hot water.
4. Supplements and body products
· Taking vitamin B1 daily causes human beings to emit an odor that resists ticks to some degree. Humans can’t smell it.
· Eating garlic and onions may help keep bugs away. Supplements can work but swallowing the whole clove of garlic can be even better.
· A vitamin B patch, which is also safe for children, may also be effective. It is waterproof and lasts up 36 hours. It designed to keep away mosquitoes, gnats and ticks away.
· Ticks do not like lavender. Start using anything with lavender, soap, laundry detergent and lotions. Make they do not contain toxic chemicals
Visual Contrast Sensitivity (VCS) testing.........An inexpensive, easy way to check for biotoxin or Lyme issues
When searching for a diagnosis you are sometimes faced with many challenges. Here is one test for ten dollars you can do online in your own home that may help point you in a diagnosis direction. I first became aware of the VCS test when I was dealing with understanding and treating mold as it related to my own health. Dr Shoemaker from Pocomoke, MD is known for his work in this field. Dr Shoemaker uses this test to help determine if you are suffering from a biotoxin illness.
First lets understand what a biotoxin is and how it relates to Lyme and Mold illnesses. A biotoxin is a poisonous substance produced by a LIVING organism. Biotoxins can directly affect nerve cell function. They are substances, which are both toxic and have a biological (from nature) origin. Some examples would be mold, Lyme disease or other parasitic infections including the brown recluse spider. A simplified way to look at this is that a bee produces a biotoxin. Some people are not affected others have a severe reaction to a bee sting.
The VCS test looks to see if you are reacting to a biotoxin. This is a simple easy test that cannot only tell you if you are suffering from an biotoxin (Lyme/Mold) but can also show you the degree of your toxicity. Here is the site you can go to try the test. http://vcstest.com I have been using this site for over 4 years and I have just purchased an unlimited membership.
If you wish to research biotoxins further here are a few sites I found for further reading. These articles supply an introduction to biotoxins. I am not recommending them to replace information you will find through your doctor.
And Moms aware
And Gordon medical.com
A basic treatment protocol outlined https://www.survivingmold.com/docs/SURVIVING_MOLD_DOWN_UNDER_DR_GUPTA.PDF
I endeavor to help individuals learn about Lyme disease. During May Lyme awareness month I am giving many presentations. If you wish to review my presentation I am posting it here.
Candies Coconut Oil Recipe
The easiest way to make organic coconut oil liquid enough to apply easily is by simply adding extra liquid oil. I personally like kakui nut oil and fractionated coconut oil. You could use any oil that has benefits. I simply warm the organic coconut oil and add just a small amount of one of the other oils. Depending on the season will depend on how much liquid oil you add. I would start with 2 parts liquid oil to 8 parts coconut oil. So for example in the winter I need to add more liquid oil as my bathroom is normally colder and my moisturizer is more solid. You can also add an essential oil like lemon, grapefruit, rosemary or lavender. I make a special batch with no essential oils that I use on my face only. In the end I am using a moisturizer that I know is beneficial and healing to my body. Use this idea to create ones of your own.
Coconut Oil is Amazing for the Body!
Organic Coconut oil is on of my perfect go to products. Coconut oil is one of the few foods that can be classified as a “superfood.”
I feel it is extremely important to remove toxic products from our lifestyle and replace them with good products. Coconut oil can easily replace toxic products. I replaced unhealthy oils with coconut oil to cook with; I add it to my coffee. I use it for oil pulling, and mouth care. I use it as a shaving cream. But I am most proud of my homemade moisturizer made with organic coconut oil. I use this moisturizer daily over my entire body and even my face.
Your skin absorbs about 60% of materials that are applied or exposed to the skin topically. (4) Using this logic I decided only to use products on my skin that would be beneficial. I created an easy to use, inexpensive daily moisturizer.
I hope you are beginning to see the incredible benefits of coconut oil. I only mentioned a few in this post. There are many many more positive benefits of Organic coconut oil. When you start putting 2 and 2 together you will see why moisturizing with coconut oil can be very beneficial. Keep in mind that your skin works like your digestive system to bring nutrients into your body. Using Coconut oil as a moisturizer is so easy and inexpensive to add to your daily routine!
Please share your recipes and ideas!
Heres to better living one day at a time!
(1) "Result Filters." National Center for Biotechnology Information. U.S. National Library of Medicine, Sept. 2004. Web. 15 May 2015.
(2) "Result Filters." National Center for Biotechnology Information. U.S. National Library of Medicine, July 2011. Web. 15 May 2015.
(3) Gunnars, Chris. "10 Proven Health Benefits of Coconut Oil (No. 3 Is Best)." RSS 20. N.p., 08 July 2013. Web. 15 May 2015.
(4) Blake, Sarah. "Phi'on: Honouring the Elements of Life." Phion Honouring the Elements of Life. N.p., Dec. 2013. Web. 15 May 2015.
(5) "Coconut Oil for Skin | Organic Facts." Organic Facts. N.p., 11 Jan. 2009. Web. 15 May 2015.
I am healthy! I am free of disease! I am providing my body what it needs to bounce back from years of antibiotics and toxic thinking and a toxic environment! Some negative people say that there is not test that can be done to say if you have recovered from Lyme or are Lyme free. I say yes there is. It is what I call the I feel great test! If you feel great chances are you are disease free! I feel great! We all live in a toxic environment. We all are exposed to unhealthy eating options, we all have had vaccines, we may have been exposed to heavy metals and the list goes on. I can't change the environment but I can change how I live on a daily basis! I choose to live healthy in mind body and spirit! Even if you are struggling you can decide to be healthy! Healing begins with you. You decide if you are going to be a survivor or if you are going to be tied to the chains of sickness. There is no test to determine if I am Lyme free. But I can tell you that every blood test I have had taken puts me in the normal range. (Except for my estrogen and that is cut by 1/4 of what it was. Nut I firmly believe my healthy attitude will turn around even this.) I'll take that as a good sign. The test that matters is my own, " Do I feel Great test". I feel great! So frankly I don't give a hoot as to what a test says. I feel great and I am a survivor and the day I chose to take my health in my own hands is the day I began my true healing journey! Don't let anyone let you feel otherwise! I want you to be able to take my simple test and be able to answer these simple words "I FEEL GREAT!"