Candies Coconut Oil Recipe
The easiest way to make organic coconut oil liquid enough to apply easily is by simply adding extra liquid oil. I personally like kakui nut oil and fractionated coconut oil. You could use any oil that has benefits. I simply warm the organic coconut oil and add just a small amount of one of the other oils. Depending on the season will depend on how much liquid oil you add. I would start with 2 parts liquid oil to 8 parts coconut oil. So for example in the winter I need to add more liquid oil as my bathroom is normally colder and my moisturizer is more solid. You can also add an essential oil like lemon, grapefruit, rosemary or lavender. I make a special batch with no essential oils that I use on my face only. In the end I am using a moisturizer that I know is beneficial and healing to my body. Use this idea to create ones of your own.
Coconut Oil is Amazing for the Body!
Organic Coconut oil is on of my perfect go to products. Coconut oil is one of the few foods that can be classified as a “superfood.”
I feel it is extremely important to remove toxic products from our lifestyle and replace them with good products. Coconut oil can easily replace toxic products. I replaced unhealthy oils with coconut oil to cook with; I add it to my coffee. I use it for oil pulling, and mouth care. I use it as a shaving cream. But I am most proud of my homemade moisturizer made with organic coconut oil. I use this moisturizer daily over my entire body and even my face.
Your skin absorbs about 60% of materials that are applied or exposed to the skin topically. (4) Using this logic I decided only to use products on my skin that would be beneficial. I created an easy to use, inexpensive daily moisturizer.
I hope you are beginning to see the incredible benefits of coconut oil. I only mentioned a few in this post. There are many many more positive benefits of Organic coconut oil. When you start putting 2 and 2 together you will see why moisturizing with coconut oil can be very beneficial. Keep in mind that your skin works like your digestive system to bring nutrients into your body. Using Coconut oil as a moisturizer is so easy and inexpensive to add to your daily routine!
Please share your recipes and ideas!
Heres to better living one day at a time!
(1) "Result Filters." National Center for Biotechnology Information. U.S. National Library of Medicine, Sept. 2004. Web. 15 May 2015.
(2) "Result Filters." National Center for Biotechnology Information. U.S. National Library of Medicine, July 2011. Web. 15 May 2015.
(3) Gunnars, Chris. "10 Proven Health Benefits of Coconut Oil (No. 3 Is Best)." RSS 20. N.p., 08 July 2013. Web. 15 May 2015.
(4) Blake, Sarah. "Phi'on: Honouring the Elements of Life." Phion Honouring the Elements of Life. N.p., Dec. 2013. Web. 15 May 2015.
(5) "Coconut Oil for Skin | Organic Facts." Organic Facts. N.p., 11 Jan. 2009. Web. 15 May 2015.
Leave a Reply.
By: Candace Ray
Candace Ray, mom, Lyme advocate, healthy living motivator who just wants to have fun and enjoy what life has to offer!